Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Games: One Era Ends. One Era Continues.

On Sunday I sold my complete collection of BattleTech miniatures and books to one person for the sum of $850. This was a great relief to me (and Aerin too). I had feared I would just end up having the lot picked through until all I had left was the hard to sell stuff, but now it's all taken care of. It's going to a good home, but I've been ready to move on for a while now.

Of course, I've already made plans to spend some of the proceeds to further expand my Flames of War collection. While there are still a ton of options for armies that I could buy, I've tried to keep myself focused on purchases that will actually see the tabletop at some point. For all that I want to actually see everything painted, I've decided to mainly work on just getting everything together. I know I keep changing the plan, but at least if it's not sitting in blister packs I can actually get something onto the table to play with.

There are a few things that still need reorganizing. I still have a bunch of Heavy Gear mins from Dream Pod 9. I really like these minis, and I definitely want to use them again at some point. However, it will probably be with another game system in all likelihood. I haven't even seen a set of the Blitz! rules, but I like the Flames of War game mechanics too much not to try a conversion.

So that's were things stand.

No comments: